Local Incentive – the Film Marketing Partnerships
The mission of the Film Marketing Partnerships is to market the St. Petersburg Clearwater area as a film production destination that supports financially viable and high-production-value-film, television and digital media that contribute to the county’s tourism industry and local economy.
This local incentive program pays an agreed-upon amount to qualifying production companies in return for specific promotional commitments to the St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Florida, area. Grants typically range from $5,000 to $500,000.
Recent films to utilize this incentive are Tim Burton's Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Random Tropical Paradise, and Paying Mr. McGetty.
- Attract filmmakers to Pinellas County
- Increase the length of stay of filmmakers and out-of-town crews
- Increase the number of room nights occupied by crews
- Generate a favorable profile of this area among decision-makers within the filmmaking industry and media content creators. The county and a production company will evaluate destination exposure, resort tax revenue, and how the area may be promoted as a filmmaking region. Upon agreement, and a contract, the county will pay the production company the agreed upon amount.
Destination exposure may be evaluated partly or entirely upon the following criterion:
- Portrayal of the destination
- References to the destination in the story
- Featuring natural attractions, landmarks or significant key locations
- Citing in the film’s credits, as agreed between the film commission and film producers
- Appearances or testimonials from film or TV principals on behalf of the area for use on our website.
- Taped testimonials or discussion of the destination on the DVD by director, producers and/or talent
- Partnerships on joint public relations campaigns for film promotion
- Film premiere marketing and hosting opportunities
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org