Local Incentive – the Film Marketing Partnerships
The mission of the Film Marketing Partnerships is to market the St. Petersburg Clearwater area as a film production destination that supports financially viable and high-production-value-film, television and digital media that contribute to the county’s tourism industry and local economy.
This local incentive program pays an agreed-upon amount to qualifying production companies in return for specific promotional commitments to the St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Florida, area. Grants typically range from $5,000 to $500,000.
Recent films to utilize this incentive are Tim Burton's Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Random Tropical Paradise, and Paying Mr. McGetty.
Recent Digital Projects to receive the incentive are Rescue Clearwater, Smarter Every Day, Hovering a Helicopter is Hilariously Hard, Running with Violet, BTS, Barry Baker Aspiring Serial Killer, We the King’s “Sad Song”
- Attract filmmakers to Pinellas County
- Increase the length of stay of filmmakers and out-of-town crews
- Increase the number of room nights occupied by crews
- Generate a favorable profile of this area among decision-makers within the filmmaking industry and media content creators. The county and a production company will evaluate destination exposure, resort tax revenue, and how the area may be promoted as a filmmaking region. Upon agreement, and a contract, the county will pay the production company the agreed upon amount.
Destination exposure may be evaluated partly or entirely upon the following criterion:
- Portrayal of the destination
- References to the destination in the story
- Featuring natural attractions, landmarks or significant key locations
- Citing in the film’s credits, as agreed between the film commission and film producers
- Appearances or testimonials from film or TV principals on behalf of the area for use on our website.
- Video testimonials or discussion of the destination on the DVD by director, producers and/or talent
- Partnerships on joint public relations campaigns for film promotion
- Film premiere marketing and hosting opportunities
- Social Media promotion
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org